Alt text

Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises

This scheme envisages economic empowerment of women by providing credit (through NGOs), training, development and counseling extension activities related to trades, products, services etc.

Scheme Benefits & Highlights
  • Assistance in the form of the Government of India (GoI) grant of up to 30 per cent of the total project cost, as appraised by the lending agency is provided to the Non Governmental Organisations (NGOs) for promoting entrepreneurship among target groups of women. The remaining 70 per cent of the project cost is financed by the lending agency as loan for undertaking activities as envisaged in the project. The NGOs can utilise the grant for training, counselling, tie ups for marketing on behalf of the beneficiaries, etc. besides their own capacity building for assisting women.
  • Selected training institutions and NGOs conducting training programmes for empowerment of women beneficiaries identified under this scheme can also avail of GoI grant of up to Rs.1.00 lakh per programme, for imparting training to the women entrepreneurs, provided such institutions also bring their share of at least 25 per cent of the grant. However, NGOs except from the North East Region (NER), would be allowed to conduct training programmes only after they take up some lending proposals under this scheme.
  • Need-based GoI grant upto Rs.5 lakh per project is provided to National Entrepreneurship Development Institutions (EDIs) viz. National Institute of Small Industry Extension Training (NISIET), National Institute of Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development (NIESBUD), Indian Institute of Entrepreneurship (IIE), EDIs sponsored by the State Government, Small Industries Service Institutes (SISIs), and any other institution of repute primarily for undertaking field surveys, research studies, evaluation studies, designing of training modules, etc.
Eligibility
  • Be a legal entity with a minimum registration of three years.
  • Having experience in thrift and saving programmes with Self-Help Groups (SHGs).
  • Be engaged in income generation activities for women entrepreneurs.
  • Have basic infrastructure, qualified support staff and services to undertake micro-enterprise development for women.
  • Prior experience in preparing project proposals on behalf of women entrepreneurs / women SHGs for income generation activities and take loan from financial institutions for onward disbursement to them.
Registration Process

Related Blogs

Connect With Mentors