About Startup India
Startup India is a flagship initiative of the Government of India, intended to catalyse startup culture and build a strong and inclusive ecosystem for innovation and entrepreneurship in India. Since the launch of the initiative on 16th January, 2016, Startup India has rolled out several programs with the objective of supporting entrepreneurs, and transforming India into a country of job creators instead of job seekers.
The broad scope of Startup India’s programs is outlined in the Action Plan below, and is managed by a dedicated Startup India Team, which reports to the Department for Industrial Policy and Promotion (DPIIT). The 19-Point Action Plan envisages the following forms of support for Startups, and more:
- Enhanced infrastructure including incubation centres
- Easier IPR facilitation, including easier patent filing
- A better regulatory environment including tax benefits, easier compliance, improved of setting up a company, faster exit mechanisms and more
- An economic stimulus in the form a INR 10,000 crore Fund of Funds managed by SIDBI, with the goal of increasing funding opportunities
- This website, also known as the Startup India Portal, which offers a range of useful resources and a vast networking database for entrepreneurs and other stakeholders in the Startup ecosystem
- A toll-free helpline and quick email query resolution for startups
To follow the progress and achievements of the Startup India Initiative thus far, please view the Status Report below.
About the Startup India Portal
This website, also known as the Startup India Portal is an online platform for startups and entrepreneurs. It houses one of the largest networks in the Indian Startup Ecosystem, connecting tens of thousands of key stakeholders such as startups, investors, incubators) on a single platform and allowing them to discover and collaborate with each other.
The Portal also aims to reduce knowledge asymmetry and better equip entrepreneurs for success by providing them with essential information, online courses, a database of government schemes, market research reports, free software applications and other useful resources.
The portal is one of the programs mandated under the Startup India Initiative.